Hola! My friends. I am back with another article on a somewhat lesser-known but essential idea – 11 Best Eye Exercises and Yoga To Improve Eyesight Naturally. Just like other parts of your body, eyes have muscles. People go to the gym to tone their muscles, they build right biceps, triceps and work on their leg muscles. But have you ever tried to work on your eye muscles? Maybe you were unaware of this fact. Even I was amazed to know that there is anything like Eye Exercises. Believe me, most of us haven’t even heard of something called exercises for eyes.
There isn’t any scientific evidence that eye exercises can improve your vision. However, they do exceptionally well with eye strain, headaches and make your eyes feel better. Exercising your eyes can help you maintain vision, especially in the case of people with glasses. Further, there isn’t anything like eye exercises for men or eye exercises for women. Anyone can exercise their eyes and can even get rid of glasses.
Especially in this highly modern technology oriented era, people have to work for the entire day in front of computers. A particular term – Digital eye strain has been coined for people who suffer from eye strain due to excessive working on computers. Digital eye strain can cause –
- blurred vision
- dry eyes
- eye strain
Since eye muscles, just like any other muscle can get sore or come under pressure if held up continuously in one position. So it becomes essential to relax your eyes a bit and maintain excellent vision. With a few minutes of eye exercise daily, you can reduce chances of glaucoma, myopia and eliminate frequent headaches. This can increase your productivity and make life happy.
So let’s list out the benefits of eye exercises and vow to exercise eyes daily without fail.
Benefits of Eye Exercises
- Increase focus by strengthening eye muscles
- Reduced chances of astigmatism
- Enhances 3D vision
- Helps improving myopia
- Reduce chances of Double vision
- Prevents drying of eyes
- Improves peripheral vision
- Reduced risk of digital strain and many more.
Exercising your eyes is one of those simple things that people do very rarely. However, it can help you maintain normal vision throughout your lifetime and are a great way to get rid of your glasses. So Let’s dive right into the list of some great eye exercises to improve eyesight fast and naturally.
11 Great Eye Exercises to Improve Eyesight Fast
Note: If you have severe eye conditions like cataracts, blindness in one(or both) eyes, a recovering cornea injury, it is best to consult an eye specialist doctor before trying out these exercises for eyes. Otherwise, if you have no such aggravated eye condition, you are free to try out these exercises to prevent any vision problems.
Remove your glasses while performing these exercises.
11. Blink for a minute
Blinking is the simplest and excellent way to relax your eyes. It is the most natural eye exercise you’ll ever find. You can do it anytime, anywhere. With a lack of blinking your eyes become dry, this leads to inflammation and poor vision.
How to blink?
- Open and close your eyelids quickly without straining them.
- You can try this exercise for eyes anywhere for 30-60 seconds.
- Make it a habit to blink your eyes frequently.
- It helps to grease your eyes
- Improves blood circulation in eye muscles
- cleans your eyes
- People who do work that requires a lot of attention should blink a lot.
10. Rotate your head while staring ahead
Rotating your head while looking forward increases blood circulation in your eyes and ensures proper eyesight. You just need to turn your head in a circular motion while staring ahead.
How to do?
- You need to keep looking straight throughout this exercise.
- Now slowly turn your head from right to left.
- Return to straight position slowly.
- Now move your head up and then down.
- Then return to normal position.
- Try this exercise for at least 30-60 seconds.
- Do this exercise regularly; you’ll come to know about the benefits!
9. Look Right, then Left
How to do?
- Look to your right without rotating your head.
- Do it slowly while inhaling.
- Look as far to the right as you can(without any stress).
- Similarly, look to the left.
- Try out this eye exercise for 30-60 seconds.
- After completing close your eyes and relax for a few seconds.
8. Move your gaze in different directions
How to do?
- First, look right to left for 5 seconds.
- Now look up and down for another 5 seconds.
- After that turn your eyes in a circular motion for 10-15 seconds.
- Now draw an 8 with your eyes slowly.
7. Draw with gaze
This is one of the most exciting and best eye exercises. You will love to exercise your eyes daily; it is just like yoga for your eyes. It is creative and fun. You just need to draw geometric figures with your gaze.
How to do?
- You can start with a triangle.
- Then draw a big rectangle.
- You can draw anything like a square or a circle.
- Try drawing complex shapes like a trapezium.
- Remember don’t put excessive strain on your eyes.
6. Move your eyeballs
It’s time to move some eyeballs; I call it eyeball disco. Haha!
How to do?
- Close your eyes.
- With closed eyes, move your eyeballs up and down.
- Keep doing for 5 seconds.
- You can repeat the exercise 5-10 times.
5. Near and far focus
This is just like yoga for eyes, simple but effective. It strengthens your eye muscles so that they can focus on close and far away objects. This yoga exercise reduces eye strain and helps to minimize myopia and hypermetropia.
How to do?
- Place your thumb about 25 cm in front of your face.
- Focus on it for 10-15 seconds.
- You can also focus on an object, 5-10 feet away for 10-15 seconds.
- Now focus on another object, 10-20 feet away in front of you without moving your head.
- Again focus on the object for 10-15 seconds.
This is the perfect eye exercise for myopia; it gives results.
4. Rub Down your eyes
Your eyes feel strained after some hectic task. Want to relax your eyes. This is another of the yoga exercises for eye strain. It can be done even while wearing contact lenses. It is a quick and straightforward eye exercise for refreshing your eyes.
How to do rub down exercise?
- Rub your palms until they get warm.
- Close your eyes.
- Place your palm on your eyes.
- Do not press down your eyeballs.
- Do the rub down exercise for eyes at least 7 times.
3. Moving Pencil Exercise
A great eye exercise for students as they put a lot of strain on their eyes. Students will find it helpful for exercising their eyes.
How to do the moving pencil exercise?
- Sit straight and relax.
- Take a pencil in your right hand.
- Place it in front of your nose and focus on its tip.
- Extend your right arm fully.
- Bring the pencil back to its starting position.
- Keep doing this exercise for 2 minutes.
2. Bouncing Eyes
Bouncing eyes is a pretty fantastic exercise for the eyes. It is fun, and you can do even while lying down, even with closed eyes.
How to bounce your eyes?
- Look straight ahead, with your eyes closed or open.
- Move your eyes up and down quickly.
- Do this 10 times before stopping.
- Then relax for 5 seconds.
- Practice daily for 3-4 times.
1. Message Writing
Just like you tone your biceps, you can tone your eye muscles. This is the best eye exercise for kids. Kids will really enjoy exercising their eyes.
How to write messages with eyes?
- Look at a blank wall, at least 8 feet away.
- Try writing messages with your eyes on the wall.
- This makes eye muscles move rapidly and exercises the weak eye muscles.
- Do it for about 15 seconds.
- Then relax your eyes and start again to do 5-7 sets.
All the above eye exercises for students are the best way to avoid glasses or conditions like myopia. Furthermore, there are some techniques to relieve eyes strain.
Hot and Cold compress Eye strain reliever
After a hard day in front of your laptop at work, hot and cold compress technique is the best way to relax your eyes.
- Take a bowl of hot water and another of cold water.
- Dip a hand towel in each bowl and squeeze them lightly.
- First, place the hot compress on your eyes for 5 seconds.
- Then place cold compress for 5 seconds.
- Do this for 5 times; this will rejuvenate your eyes.
Take a Nap
A short nap is the best way to give your eyes a break from light and relax them. Breaking the light gives your eyes some time to heal and recharge for the next time.
Bonus Tips To Maintain Good Vision
To get better and faster results, you need to monitor your health and get regular eye checkup. According to experts, good eyesight depends on your diet and habits. Doing these eye exercises helps but you must also eat healthy food, especially raw vegetables, and fruits. So here are some simple tips to enhance your eyesight improvement process.
- You should increase your Vitamin A intake. Vitamin A deficiency can cause night blindness. Spinach, carrot, sweet potato, cheese, mango, watermelon, etc. have the right amount of vitamin A.
- Rose water is an excellent remedy for eye strain, especially in summers. You can also use cold water to clean your eyes.
- Quit smoking. It is terrible for your eyes and your whole body.
- In case you suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness, contact your eye doctor regularly for an eye checkup.
- Avoid touching your eyes with dirty hands. Always wash your hands.
- Keep a check on the condition of your contact lenses.
- UV rays can cause cataract. Wear UV protection sunglasses or a hat if you do too much work out under the sun.
I hope you get a lot from this article. These are some simple eye exercises that would take just 10-15 minutes daily for practice. If you practice them daily without fail, results will come soon.
Do try exercising your eyes and share your experience with us in the comments. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Remember they might need it too. Bye for now. Make your life better.