Yoga has existed since time immemorial, but it was lost somewhere. But now we have started to realize the effectiveness of yoga and its enormous benefits. One such advantage is increasing height, and there are some fruitful and straightforward yoga poses to increase height.
So whether you want to improve eyesight, lose or gain weight, improve memory power, grow hair faster or get glowing skin, yoga is highly beneficial. Here we are going to talk about how some yoga poses to increase height even after the age of 18.
Tall people are easily noticeable, and right height also enhances their appearance and personality. Moreover, no one dares to mess with a tall person, and his/her opinions receive respect. Being a few inches taller instills a lot of confidence in you and boosts your overall development. Research has shown that the excellent height not only gives physical advantages but is also related to higher IQ level and positivity within one’s mind.
Contrary to most peoples perception that you can’t increase your height after 18 but with yoga chances of growing height till the age of 23-24 is quite high.
How Does Height Increasing Yoga Work?
- The yoga poses to increase height help in stretching your body muscles.
- By bending and stretching your body during a height increasing asana while controlling your breath yoga helps in increasing height at many levels.
- The deep inhalation involved in a yoga posture releases stress that causes tension in your back muscles. The generated stress activates your pituitary gland to secrete growth hormone and enhances the growth of the body.
- Yoga postures improve the alignment and straighten the spinal cord, which might have a bent.
- Further, the gravitational effect in a yoga asana pull the body and help to gain height.
Human height depends on lots of factors (genetic and non-genetic) like environmental conditions and nutrition. You might not be able to control these factors, but you can utilize the potential of yoga to increase your height. If you are always fretting about being short, then these yoga poses to increase height will undoubtedly change that.
Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame.”
Top Yoga Poses To Increase Height
1. BHUJANGASANA OR The COBRA POSE
Bhujangasana or The Cobra Pose is one of the best asanas for increasing height. It works on upper and lower back muscles, abs and helps in cutting extra fat around the stomach.
Steps To Do Bhujangasana
- Lie down on the floor. Your palm should stay face down positioned near the middle of your ribs.
- Keep your legs together and with tops of your feet flat on the floor.
- Lift your chest from the floor using your back muscles and the arms.
- Stay in the cobra pose for about 20 seconds.
- Bhujangasana helps to stretch all the muscles in your abdomen, chest, and shoulders
- Decreases the stiffness of the lower back
- Increases flexibility
- Strengthens joints and arms
- firming and toning the buttocks
2. Marijasana and Bitilasana
The combination of both Marijasana and Bitilasana is exceptionally beneficial to gain height. It stretches your back, torso, and neck.
Marijasana or The Cat Pose
Steps To Do Marijasana
- Scoop your spine in.
- Lift your head and press the shoulder blades back.
- Repeat from start to about ten times to increase height by yoga fast.
Bitilasana or The Cow Pose
Steps To Do Bitilasana
- Take a position on your hands and knees.
- Slowly press your spine up and arch your back.
- Now stay in Marijasana posture for 5 seconds and then change your position to the cow pose.
- Makes spine alignment better
- Increases the strength of abdominal muscles
- Relieves back pain
- Reduces anxiety and depression
3. Tadasana or The Mountain Pose
Tadasana or The Mountain Pose is one of the asanas that can be practiced at any time of the day. It is the best asana from which other asanas emerge. Before doing Tadasana make sure you have an empty stomach and your bowels are clean.
Steps To Do Tadasana
- Stand erect and pull your abdomen in and up.
- Let your arms hang loosely by the sides.
- Without losing that posture balance on your heels while raising your arms during inhalation.
- Then exhaling the air come down on and bring your arms down.
- Stay in Tadasana for about 10-20 seconds.
- Improves body posture
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles.
- Reduces flat feet
- Gives relief from pain and ache throughout the body
- Builds firm abdomen and buttocks
- Makes you feel stretched, relaxed and energetic
4. Vrikshasana or The Tree Pose
Vrikshasana or The Tree Pose has the steady and grounded stance just like a tree. This yoga pose requires you to keep your eyes open during the posture. Just like all other yoga asanas to increase height practice tree pose in the morning.
Steps To Do Vrikshasana
- Keep your heal close to the groin and balance on the left leg.
- Move your arms up and join them together over your head.
- Breathe easy and find your balance.
- Keep proper alignment in the tree pose with a straight spine.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
- Practice Vrikshasana for 1 min on each leg.
- Improves body balance and posture
- Improves neuromuscular coordination
- Amazing improvement in concentration
- Strengthens your arms, shoulders, thighs, and spine
- Reduces risks of sciatica(a type of nerve pain)
5. Trikonasana or The Triangle Pose
Trikonasana or The Triangle Pose is named so as you resemble a triangle in this posture. Just like vrikshasana you need to keep your eyes open during this asana as you need to make a balance.
Steps To Do Trikonasana
- Spread out your feet about 4 feet wide in a triangle.
- Bring your arms up and bend sideways.
- Try to open up your body and the ribs.
- Look up if your neck allows you to do so.
- Remain in the triangle pose for about 3-4 breaths.
- Tones the legs, knees, and ankles
- Reduces stress, and increases stability
- Opens the chest and shoulders as you do a broad stretch of hamstrings, groins, and hips
- Strengthens the muscles in the thighs, hips, and back
- Stimulates the organs of the torso, improving metabolism
6. Chakrasana or The Wheel Pose
Chakrasana or The Wheel Pose is a backbend that is quite popular to given your tremendous spine flexibility. Apart from that, it is also beneficial to improve eyesight as blood supply to eyes increases. As you can easily guess that chakrasana resemble a wheel and hence its name.
Steps To Do Chakrasana
- Lie down on the floor facing upwards.
- Keep your knees bent in front of the thighs.
- With your arms near your shoulders lift your body and go in the wheel pose.
- Your body will vibrate so be in chakrasana for the time your body permits.
- Reduces the signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress
- Expands shoulders and chest
- Stretches the upper and lower back thus providing relief from backache.
- Effective in weight loss
7. Adhomukhasvasana or The Downward Dog Pose
Adhomukhasvasana or Downward dog pose is perfect for increasing height as it stretches back, legs and abs muscles.
Steps To Do Downward Dog Pose
- Lie down the floor with your back facing the spine and palms, knees and toes in contact with the ground.
- With your palms on the ground and knees straight lift your butt high up in the air.
- Try to be in this asana without letting your body go to the sideways.
- Stretch your body as you try to push your spine back towards the legs.
- Make sure to touch your heels to the ground.
- Remain in andhmukhasvasana for 5-10 seconds.
- You can gain height fast if you do the dog pose for 5-10 times.
- Increases blood supply to the brain
- Tones the core and the waist
- Elongates the spine and strengthens the back
- Gives you strong arms and shoulders
8. Ustrasana or The Camel Pose
Ustrasana or Camel Pose is one of the best yoga poses to increase height. Just like a tall camel, you can also become tall by practicing Ustrasana daily.
Steps To Do Ustrasana
- Stand on your knees in the kneeling position as you inhale.
- Now bend backward till your forehead touches the ground.
- Breathe normally and stay in this posture for a few seconds.
- Breathing out slowly come back to your original position.
- Opens the chest, thereby improving respiration
- One of the best among yoga poses to increase height to reduce fat on the thighs
- Cures constipation
- Stretches and strengthens the shoulders and back
9. Paschimotan Asana
Paschimotasana or Seated Forward Bend gives the entire body a good stretch. The front part of the body is called the East and back is usually called the West. It is alright to practice this yoga in the evening, but with an empty stomach.
Steps To Do Paschimotasana
- Stretch Your legs and Sit on the ground with and out straight in front with your buttocks supported on folded blanket or yoga mat.
- While exhaling bend and hold your toes with your hands.
- Keeping the back straight touch your head with your knees.
- Don’t bend your knees.
- Improves digestion
- Useful asana to calm the brain and reduce stress and depression
- Stimulates the liver, ovaries, uterus, and kidneys
- Provides relief from a headache and high blood pressure
10. Hasta Padasana
Hastapadasana or Standing Forward Bend is very easy standing yoga pose. Besides that, it works to stretch every part of the body and is highly beneficial yoga asana to increase height.
Steps To Do Hastpadasana
- Stand straight with your chest out, and abdomen sucked in.
- While inhaling extend your arms straight over the head.
- Exhaling bend forward.
- Try to touch your head to your knees and hands to the feet.
- You can even try to touch the back of your feet if you are flexible enough.
- Stay in Hasta-Padasana for about 30 seconds.
- Reduces belly fat and gives a flat stomach
- Stimulates nervous system
- Reduces hair loss
- Spine flexibility and strengthening
Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand is very easy to do, and it is not necessary to tell you that don’t like this yoga with a full stomach.
Steps To Do Sarvangasana
- Lie on your back on the yoga mat.
- Keep the abs tight and shoulders pressed to the ground. Also, tighten the leg muscles.
- Lift your legs, hips, and back up from the floor in the air.
- Use your hands to support your body in Sarvangasana.
- Hold the pose for about 40 seconds.
- Come to your position slowly by first lowering the knees and then subsequently the spine to the ground.
- Repairs disorders in nose, throat, and ears
- Can cure sexual disorders
- Controls hair loss and premature graying of hair
- Since more blood flows into the throat, thyroid gland gets refreshed
Some Tips To Yoga Poses To Increase Height Fast
- Do these yoga poses in the morning after and toilet and before breakfast.
- Best time to do these asanas is at 5:30 am facing the sunrise.
- Never try to overexert your body while performing any yoga asana. Yoga is not like bodybuilding in the gym.
- Try to practice yoga poses at the same time on all days.
- Try to eat nothing before yoga practice. If in the beginning, you can’t do that you can take some fresh juice.
- Yoga is fundamentally a breathing practice, go slow and breathe slow, long inhales and long exhales.
- During yoga to gain height, try to stay focused, not letting your mind wander.
- If you get tired at any point, then go in the child pose.
- Yoga should always be practiced under expert guidance to avoid all sorts of physical and emotional complications.
Word Of Caution
Although these postures are for beginners to the intermediate level which means that anybody can do it. But do not continue these yoga poses to increase height if you feel some issues with your back. Otherwise, if you can handle these back issues and want to perform these yoga asanas to gain altitude, it would be better first to consult your physician.
Height highly depends on your genes and various other factors. It might be that your genes hinder your height gain. It can also be that your height gain genes have not been triggered so you can use yoga to increase height.
Yoga is fantastic, and it is possible to increase height by yoga asanas. But the individual results might vary by the diet, hormonal changes and regularity of yoga pose to increase height.
Yoga will make a difference to a person’s height up to a few inches by correcting your posture. But remember that being tall is not the only thing you require. Therefore work to improve your personality and keep practicing yoga, and you will be celebrated in your life.
If you liked the article, to yoga poses to increase height do comment us your views and you can even tell us your success story of growing height with yoga. We will include your account in our material so that others also come to know about the benefits of yoga.