Hello friends, I am back with an amazing article on “12 Simple Bed Exercises” you can do every morning without leaving your bed. This article would be really helpful for those who lack the motivation to get up from the warm, cozy bed and do some morning workout. These wake-up workout moves can be really helpful as morning workout in winters.
It’s not necessary that you do exercises either standing or sitting. As you can do these exercises in bed, you have no need to go to the gym or the terrace. Workout exercises on the garden in winters can be excruciating. This is where these bed exercises come to your rescue.
Most people find it difficult to give time to exercises in the morning due to their hectic schedule. Bed exercises can be a real time saver for busy people.
Benefits of Early Morning Bed Exercises
- Bed exercises in morning strengthen your abdominal muscles and keep you energized throughout the day.
- People with pain in lower back will get significant relief in pain by doing exercises in the bed.
- These bed exercises also stretch your body and keep you flexible.
So no more wait and here is your list of simple and easy exercises for both men and women(no gender discrimination here ha!ha!)you can do in bed every morning to start your day right.
1. Scissors Abs Workout
In scissors bed workout your legs move like scissors and hence its name.
- Lie down the bed with your face facing the ceiling.
- Place your hands straight beside your waist.
- Lift one leg such that it makes a 90-degree angle with the bed.
- Remain in this position for a few seconds and try to keep the other leg straight on the bed.
- Now lift your other leg while the other leg comes down on the bed.
- Repeat for 20 times while slowly increasing the speed.
This scissors abs workout is a great exercise to maintain your abs. That means that you can have good abs with this exercise without leaving your bed in the morning.
2. Leg Lifts
- Lie down on the bed sideways facing the right side.
- Slightly bend your right leg and lift your head up with your right hand.
- Keep your left hand on the right side and raise the left leg up without bending it.
- Now lower your left leg and bend it towards the chest.
- Do this for 30 seconds.
- Again repeat for the leg lifts for the left side.
Leg lifts work on your lower abs and hips. You can easily do leg lift exercises in bed and improve your abs and hip muscles.
3. Bicycle Crunches
- Lie down on the back and put both hands under the head.
- Now move the left leg to the chest while the left leg is straight.
- Try to touch the left leg knee with the right arm’s elbow while moving the upper part of the body.
- Repeat the above steps for the right leg.
- Do this exercise in bed 3 times.
Bicycle crunches is a good home bed exercise you can do without getting out of bed. You can bicycle right there in your bed, no need to go on cold winter streets.
4. Jack Split
- Lie down on the bed on the back.
- Keep the legs straight and join them.
- Place your hands behind your head and lock your fingers.
- Lift your legs and body upwards together while breathing out.
- As you lift your legs open them in V shape and move your hands between the V.
- Now slowly come back to the original posture and make sure that your hands, head, and legs don’t touch the bed.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
Jack split as a bed exercise is great to make you flexible and keep your leg muscles relaxed.
5. The Half Bridge
- To perform the half-bridge exercise, lie down your back.
- Place your hands behind the head and lock your fingers.
- Bend your knees such that the legs are hip-width apart.
- Lift your tailbone such that the shoulder and knee are in a straight line.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Lower down your body and repeat for 3 times.
- Make sure you can breathe properly and engage your abs throughout the bed workout.
6. Arm Extension + Shoulder Tap
- Go in push-ups position and keep your body straight.
- Extend your right arm forward and move it back to tap your left shoulder.
- Now extend your left arm forward and bring it back to tap your right shoulder.
- Continue this way on alternate sides and burn calories.
This bed exercise is excellent to transform your body with exercises you can do right on your mattresses.
7. Slow Roll Ups
- Sit on the bed with your legs straight in front of you.
- Now slowly try to touch your toes.
- Do it very slowly as you count to five.
- Return back to the initial position slowly.
- Repeat for 10 times.
- You can also start from lying down on the bed instead of the sitting position.
Slow roll-ups are elementary exercises in bed for both men and women. It helps in burning some reasonable amount of calories and lose some tummy fat.
8. Forearm Planks
- Get into push up position on the mattresses and support your body with your forearms and toe.
- Now lift your body up to make a straight line from head to heels.
- Hold this position for 20 seconds and breathe gently.
- Rest for 30 seconds and do 3 reps.
9. Glute Bridge
- Lie down on the back.
- Raise your buttocks.
- Stay in this position and go to the highest you can.
- To increase intensity, you can lift one leg and same for the other leg.
10. Plank with leg lift
- Get into push up position.
- Lift right leg up and hold for 1 second.
- Lower the right leg and repeat the above steps for the left leg.
11. Superman Pose
- Lie down on your belly with your hands straight forward and joined.
- Your legs should also be straight.
- Stretch your arms and legs up to your maximum limit.
- Now lift your legs and arms off the ground just like Superman.
- Hold for a few seconds and get back to initial position.
- Repeat for 4-5 times.
- Lie on your back.
- Lift your legs up and keeping them straight.
- Bring one ankle over the other and switch in a crisscross down to the diagonal.
- Repeat for 3-4 times.
If you want to transform your body, then these bed exercises are really helpful for you. They can certainly help you transform your body and get in perfect shape. Just Remember that you need to be consistent.
I hope that this article helps you save a lot of time and at the same time help you achieve a perfect body. If you like it share with your friends and family. It would be really helpful for them too.